On July 30th, I was interviewed by the charismatic Pete Mockaitis of Awesome at Your Job on “Making LinkedIn Work for You.”
We covered lots of ground, including
- Two keys to crafting an eye-grabbing LinkedIn profile
- Who needs a LinkedIn profile and who maybe doesn’t
- What to do to be both searchable and likable on LinkedIn
- How to make an impact with your LinkedIn Summary
- How to grow your LinkedIn network past 500 people quickly and responsibly
- The case for making recommendations
I won’t spend a lot of time talking about this interview, because you can both listen to it and get a full transcript at this link:
To view the transcript, scroll down to this section of the article and click on the + sign:
Or listen here:
What I will say, because I want you to get all the goodies you can get from this podcast, is that I talk about everything from Big Bird and my Sesame Street failures to the lessons we can learn from bamboo trees. Oh and I talk about blenders. That’s a lot of Bs from Brenda Bernstein! I also threw a little neuroscience in there about how to create an impression before you even meet someone in person.
And there’s more!
I highly recommend listening to or reading this interview, even if you’ve listened to my podcasts before. The tidbits on my favorite things and life lessons are especially charming, if I do say so myself, plus you get to learn about how to make LinkedIn work for you!