Last year, I appeared in a podcast on Coaching for Leaders, How to Vastly Improve Your LinkedIn Profile. It was a smash hit, viewed by over 25,000 people. I came back for an encore this month and the new podcast, Leverage the Full Power of LinkedIn, was released today. This time I addressed specific LinkedIn questions from Dave Stachowiak’s audience of business people and job seekers, plus added my own insights as we went along.
Here are the questions we started with. These B2B, B2C, and job hunting topics will interest you too!
LinkedIn Business Questions
- What are the rules and recommendations around publishing an article and then promoting it via posts? Where does the article show up when you publish it other than your profile?
- What are some tips specifically for B2B communication and selling on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn Job Seeking Questions
- If you signal to recruiters that you’re looking (via Open Candidates), will your boss find out? Is there a way to limit what information is shared within one’s network versus outside the network? Or is LinkedIn too much of a spider web to control/limit what gets shared with certain connections?
- Do recruiters who value the involvement of a potential candidate on LinkedIn in terms of post sharing, contribution to discussions in public posts, contribution to public group discussions? Are community engagement and the ability to contribute to discussions constructively valued, and do recruiters capture this information? What else do recruiters value?
LinkedIn Sharing Protocol Questions
- Recently, LinkedIn has been receiving more and more posts “Facebook style,” especially after they enabled the upload of videos. Sometimes people comment “this is not the place for it,” “this is not Facebook,” etc. Is it best to answer these posts politely or maybe exclude the connection that posted it?
- What’s the best way to promote one’s ideas and views? Is it better to post the entire article to LinkedIn rather than a personal or business website? Does it even really matter which approach is used?
LinkedIn Student Questions
- What are some tips on gaining connections, and trying to land internships, when you are still a student? So many business-related internships expect you to have a bachelor’s before being considered for an internship. How can I stand out on LinkedIn as a University student?
Find out The Essay Expert’s answers to these LinkedIn questions and more by listening to this lively podcast. Please let me know your feedback, and ask any additional questions you may have!
If you’d like to find out more about how you can utilize LinkedIn to its fullest, check out my book, How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile. After you’ve implemented the advice in my book, you may like to follow up with my LinkedIn Profile Review Special (for a limited time only).